Studentul deţine un vocabular activ şi suficient şi cunoştinţă structurală astfel încât este în grad de a:
- scrie un text clar şi articulat despre argumente descriptive,narative,imaginare sau discursive
- scrie scrisori formale şi informale
- înţelege şi de a răspunde la faptele principale unui text din orice argument, concret sau abstract
- folosi limba pentru a exprima orice funcţie ce se poate verifica în un normal context social sau de învăţare
- manipula structure pentru a crea accent,diferite stiluri şi expresii
- asculta şi de a răspunde oral la texte şi întrebări în diferite forme
Grammar and Structures List
|Grammar and Structures||What are they used for?||Some examples|
|The inversion of subject and verb after certain negative adverbial introductions, e.g. never, rarely, hardly ever, not only, little, seldom||Creating emphasis, varying style and idiom||Never have I seen such a terrible film.
Little did he know he would one day be Prime Minister.
Not only was it raining, it was also cold.
|VERBS FOLLOWED BY THE PAST TENSE|
|I wish, it’s about time, it’s high time||Expressing hypothesis, regret, decision making and the need for decision making||I wish I had £1million.
It’s high time we did some work.
It’s about time he bought a new car.
|Using modal verbs followed by the non-finite and perfect non-finite verb
|Expressing hypotheses and deductions in varying degrees of certainty||Jane will be in bed at this time of night.
They should have heard the telephone. They must have gone out.
He can’t have finished his homework. If he had, he would have put it on my desk by now.
John might be sitting in the theatre already.
|After certain verbs
After certain adjectives
After question words
The perfect infinitive
|I hope to hear from you shortly. We can’t afford to give you a pay rise. I want you to do something for me. Its very difficult to explain. Tell me where to go/ how to get there/ what to say. I’d love to have met him. He doesn’t seem to have done it.|